Ray Comfort’s Living Waters ministry has designated the second Wednesday of every month as “180 Day.” So we’re taking a break from National Library Week to do this post.
Abortion has been one of the most contentious and controversial issues in American culture and politics. Since 1973 when the U.S. Supreme Court legalized abortion in Roe v. Wade, there have been approximately 50 million abortions performed in the United States.
But today the tide is turning. The hearts and minds of people around the world are being changed! Many are moving from a pro-choice to a pro-life point of view as a result of “180” – a powerful documentary and educational tool comparing the societal horrors of the Holocaust with those of abortion, convincing viewers to respect the value of all human life.
Watch the entire 33-minute award-winning documentary for FREE! (Caution: contains some graphic scenes not suitable for young children. Parental discretion advised.)
Are you homeschooling a teenager? The abortion issue makes for a great research paper or argumentative essay! Here are some topic ideas:
- Should the Roe v. Wade decision be overturned?
- Is abortion immoral/unethical?
- Slavery vs. abortion: what do they have in common?
- Holocaust vs. abortion: what do they have in common?
- When does “personhood” begin?
- Can abortion ever be justified?
- Rights of the unborn vs. rights of the woman.
- Is pro-choice really about helping women or making money?
- Health risks of abortion.
- Did watching “180” change your views about abortion? Why or why not?
You may also be interested in the “180 Course.” This resource contains a life-changing two-part video (Changing Hearts About Abortion & Changing Hearts About God); an in-depth 64-page Study Guide by Ray Comfort with Kay Arthur and Randy Alcorn; a pack of 100 “180” tracts; and a copy of Randy Alcorn’s book Why Prolife? Right now you can get the entire course for only $10.
Please visit “Project Heartchanger” for more details on how you can help make a difference.