Last week I received an e-mail from Tom Dubick, Founder of Young Engineers of Today, inviting homeschoolers to sign up for a live, free, and totally awesome online programming class that will be taught later this month. Here is the info:
- Students will learn about programming by building a game.
- The class will be live, conducted by an experienced teacher.
- The class will be one hour long and meet on two occasions.
- The class is being brought to you by YoungEngineersOfToday.com.
- The software is FREE.
- Did we mention the class is FREE?
- Already know Scratch? We will offer mini courses in Python, Java and Alice.
- Would you rather build than program? We have that covered too!
- Please check out http://youngengineersoftoday.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get signup information.
The class will meet online Monday (June 24) and Wednesday (June 26) at 2 pm eastern (11 am pacific).
Why is the class being offered?
“First, our mission is to help create the next generation of engineers and programmers. Second, we want you to check out Young Engineers of Today. We offer both virtual engineering classes for young people as well as classes that meet both virtually and physically.” (Young Engineers of Today is based in North Carolina, and they offer classes at various locations around the state.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The free class is not listed on their website. You will have to email email@example.com for signup information.