September is National Preparedness Month!
It’s time to make a plan with your community, your family, and for your pets. Plan how to stay safe and communicate during the disasters that can affect your community. Everyone can participate in America’s PrepareAthon and the national day of action, National PrepareAthon Day, on September 30th.
2015 Weekly Hazard Focused Themes
Week 1: September 1-5th, Flood
Week 2: September 6-12th, Wildfire
Week 3: September 13-19th, Hurricane
Week 4: September 20-26th, Power Outage
Week 5: September 27-30th, Lead up to National PrepareAthon! Day (September 30th)
– America’s PrepareAthon! is a grassroots campaign for action to get people prepared for emergencies. Visit the website at ready.gov/prepare.
– Download free hazard resources resources designed to help you plan, conduct, and promote your preparedness activities and discussions.
– See what is happening near you.
– Read stories about what others are doing to get prepared.
– National Preparedness Month Social Media/Graphics Toolkit – social media content and logos to help engage your audiences about #NatlPrep.
Follow @ReadyGov, @PrepareAthon, to join the conversation on Twitter!